- Definitions, characteristics and application of the rule
- Types of cookies used and (de)selection process
- How to view and modify cookies through the specific banner
- How to view and modify cookies through your browser
1. Definitions, characteristics and application of the rule
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device and be trasmitted again to you when you visit the site a second time. By means of cookies, the site records user’s actions and preferences (such as, for example, the language chosen, the character dimensions, other settings concerning the layout of the site, etc.) so as to avoid that the user has to enter them when returning to the site at a later date or when the user visits a different page of the same site. Cookies are therefore used for user log in, to monitor browsing sessions, store information relating to the users who access the Site and may contain a unique identification code that allows to track the user’s navigation within the Site for statistics and advertising purposes.
Users may download cookies on their devices owned by sites and web servers different from the Site that they are actually visiting (“third-party cookies”). Some cookies are necessary for the technical functioning of the Site; if you do not accept the latter cookies some functionalities and features of the Site may not be accessible.
Different types of cookies exist, depending on their features and functions, and they might be stored on the users’ devices for different timeframes: session cookies are cancelled at the end of each browsing session while persistent cookies may last up to a certain date that has been pre-set by their owner.
On the basis of the law applicable to cookies, user’s consent to the latter is not always mandatory. The user’s consent is not necessary for “technical cookies”, such as cookies are used exclusively with a view of carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as it is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service. The latter cookies are indispensable for the proper functioning of the Site and to execute activities specifically requested by the users.
Regarded as equivalent to the abovementioned “technical cookies”, which do not require any express consent for their use, are the so -named “cookie analytics”, when used directly by the website manager (“first-party cookies” or “proprietary”) to collect aggregate data about the effective number of users and how they visit the website in question, and the “functionality cookies”, allowing for a specific browsing mode on the basis of a series of pre-selected criteria (e.g. language, any products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service.
Conversely, “profiling cookies” are intended to create single user profiles used to send advertising messages based on the preferences shown by customers when browsing the Internet, upon prior consent of the user. “Third-party cookies” also require an express consent.
2. Types of cookies used and (de)selection process
The website uses the following types of cookies, which may be (de)selected by the user, with the exception of the third-party cookies, which refer directly to the selection and deselection processes of the respective cookies arranged by the relevant external webmasters (see “third-party cookies”)
- Technical cookies (otherwise known as Navigation or Browser cookies) - essential for the correct functioning of the website and to provide the service offered and requested by a user;
- Cookies Analytics, used by webmasters to collect information on the number of users and how they visit the website. Such information is collected in aggregate and anonymous form, and does not include any personal data about the user’s identity.
- Functional cookies ensure the proper functioning of the Website and enable the user to browse according to his/her prearranged setting of preferences (e.g. language, products selected for purchase), in order to improve the service.
ATTENTION: if technical and/or functional cookies are disabled, the website may not be accessible, or some specific features and services may not be available or work properly. The user may be consequently asked to modify or enter the requested information and preferences manually each time when visiting the website.
- Third-party cookies, i.e. cookies from sites managed by other organizations and used for purposes relevant to those third parties, including profiling cookies.
Specifically, the cookies used on our website are listed below:
3. How to view and modify cookies through the specific banner
The user may choose which cookies he/she intends to authorize through the devoted banner, a tool made available during his/her first access to the website.
Such banner operates as follows:
- It makes clear whether there are any cookies and how to use them on the Website
- It clarifies the two macro-categories of cookies and their definitions
- It may add (and hence authorize) optional cookies
- It works as confirmation button
The user may modify or update his/her authorization at any time by using the appropriate function in the banner at the bottom of the page.
4. How to view and modify cookies through your browser
The user may choose which cookies he/she intends to authorize through the appropriate procedure made available by the Website, as well as authorize, block or delete (totally or partially) any cookies through the specific features of his/her browser. However, if all or some of the cookies are disabled, the website may not be accessible, or some specific features and services may not be available or work properly. The user may be consequently asked to modify or enter the requested information and preferences manually each time when visiting the website.